- General Education Department (Social Sciences)
- 303-280-7434, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic degrees and credentials
- PhD candidate in Educational Leadership and Innovation - U. of Colorado at Denver
- MA in Educational Psychology - U. of Colorado at Denver
- Teaching Certificate in secondary science - Metropolitan State College - Denver
- BS in Physical Medicine - U. of Wisconsin
- Courses taught
- Leadership and Motivation
- Critical Thinking
- Teaching Style
- INTERACTIVE: Learning is not a spectator sport. Students need to be engaged with the information, the process, and the social interaction among students and teacher in order to effectively learn. I believe that knowledge is power; the more a student knows about themselves and others, the more options and choices (s)he has for educational goals, relationships, and career decisions. I value the varied life experiences students bring to the learning environment and seek to weave those experiences into the learning process; connecting new knowledge to previous experiences helps make the information usable in real life and easier to apply at work and school.
- Interests and hobbies
- I love sports; skiing, rollerblading, hiking, camping, and bicycling are my favorites. I love to read; we don't have a television at home so reading is a primary past time for information and pleasure.
- I work on a project to bring computers, technology, and books to 10 public schools in Meru, Kenya.